Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Perdictions of My Sister's Keeper

Author's Note: I wrote this piece to express what my thoughts were so far in the book and how I think that it is going to turn out in the end.

Anna, a 13 year old blood donor for her dying sister Kate, feels her family doesn’t appreciate the fact that she goes through a lot being a donor. I can't imagine how hard it would be to have to be in the hospital all the time donating blood for my sister. The thought that no matter how much you hate giving blood, if you don't your sister will die. Its frightening, I mean it has to be.  This is why she filed a law suit against her parents. I believe that even though she has a lot of reason to be mad, and she really is upset about it, I don’t think that her case is strong enough for her to win. I believe that after the case is settled, the parents will come through and give Anna the freedom to choose whether or not her be poked. I think that Kate will insert her opinion and tell her parents that Anna shouldn't have to give her blood if she doesn’t want to. After that, Kate will have to go on a donor list and she will have to wait for a donor. Kate will become more, and more sick, and in the end she will die. Once Kate has passed, Anna will feel as though she isn't loved and that the only reason she was brought into this world was to give blood to her sister. Now that she's gone she is worthless, at least in her eyes.

2 comments: