Monday, February 25, 2013

Thunderstorm

Author's Note: I wrote this piece for a warm up one day. It was a stream of consciousness and I kind of went to a dark place with it. The day I wrote this I was sad and so the story kind of went in that direction. This piece was an expression of my sadness that day.

  Standing outside, under a tree during a thunderstorm. Wondering if this storm will ever stop. I am soaked now, cold as a icicle in the frozen tundra. There is no way to get home from here. I am trapped.  Holding my umbrella, I think to myself why am I holding this? There is something wrong with this picture. I knew why. The umbrella could not only keep my dry somewhat for now at least, but it could also really harm me. The thunder is horrendous, harmful, terrifying. I need to put this down away from me where I do not see it, so that I can not pick it up again. Maybe in some since thinking I would get warmer. I step out into the rain and find a place to set it far enough away that if I wanted to get it I would have to walk a ways away. Plus I didn't want to feel so cold. Once I sat it down I sprinted to the tree I was under, the biggest tree in the world, or at least I thought it was compared to my minute size. At that time I couldn't think at all, the only thing that I could see was the rain and all the lightning. I wasn't scared of these storms but now that I was standing in one of them alone I was petrified. Was my family okay? My friends? I didn't know but I couldn't do anything anyway. It was quite to dangerous to do so. The last sound I heard was a huge loud banging sound. It was thunder and then I felt pain and the next thing I saw was a bright light nothing else just that and I knew that I was gone.

3 comments:

  1. This was a very strong piece with all the descriptive words. It was a very dark piece, but it was really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Meg. It was very strong. The thoughts of the character were cool too. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. istanbul iş ilanları sitesi olarak Tebrik eder başarılarınızın devamını dileriz. Kaliteli bir yazı olmuş elinize sağlıK

    ReplyDelete