Thursday, January 19, 2012

A Christmas Carol

"I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year. I live in the Past, Present, and the Future. The Spirts of all Three shall strive within me. I will not shut out the lessons they teach. Oh, tell me I may sponge away the writing on this stone."

In this passage from the book A Christmas Carol, Charles Dickens was trying to show how Scrooge was giving up his old way of hating Christmas, and everything that goes along with it. He realizes that Christmas is about giving, and not receiving, but mostly its about family. After this passage in the book, his atittude changed and lead to him being nice and buying that turkey for the pour little boy's family. All of his bad atittude were gone and he loved this time of the year for ever on.

No comments:

Post a Comment